Skip to main content

Gymshark: An Ear To Fitness

           

     

     No brand stands out more to me in the current fitness climate then the one represented by the logo to the left there. As you can see it's GYMSHARK and it's a brand that is everywhere in the fitness community at the moment. So what better brand to look into then one that's in my neck of the woods right? 
 
 

    With a brand name like that though what do they sell though you ask yourself? Is it gym equipment? Supplements? Yoked Shark Pets you can call your own at home? While the last would indeed be cool the real answer is they sell clothing. Upscale clothing mind you marketed to folks who call places like the gym, track, or local trail home. 

    They market this clothing line by not only having a hook in pretty much every social network platform but also by using "influencers" on these platforms to further drive sales. A good example is the man pictured to the right there. He is Chris Bumstead, a prominent body builder and weight lifter, who has some 9 million followers on Instagram and almost two million subscribers on Youtube at the time of me writing this blog. So what better way to market your product then putting veritable ads on a celebrity in the community right?

    Fact of the matter is the people that run their social media along with these prominent influencers essentially drive their brand into the collective stratosphere on these platforms. 



  As you can see big proponent of their online presence is on places like Twitter, Instagram,TikTok, etc. Not only is their presence large but it is active. Don't just take my word for it. Go ahead and head on over to their Twitter for instance and have a look over there. You can see that their last post as me writing this was two whole hours ago and they've gone on to post every single day before then seemingly.

    

    See the thing is I don't know who runs their social media presence but I have to admit it is damn good. They've taken the phrase "community outreach" to a whole new level it seems. Not only are the brands fans interacting with GYMSHARK but the social media team is there in the moment interacting right back with them. Oh did you just get an order and post about it? Well the brand will be there asking  you to post pictures about it or better yet wearing it. Having an issue? Well head on over to the Customer support page and hit em' up with a DM or a tweet!



     Don't believe me? Well take a quick look to the right here and note the response times for me would you? Quick right? Exactly. They're there and in force. Doing a couple simple things that works amazingly well. Listening and responding to those talking to them. Furthermore, doing so in an incredibly timely manner.

    Be it support or simple customer engagement GYMSHARK is out there on the ground doing it. Not only doing it but doing it with a good attitude and being funny about it sometimes.

 

  

    Want an instance of how the company looks as a result of this and see a satisfied customer? Well have at it.

Look I can't state it enough to you but if you and I have learned one thing in regards marketing it's this. Engagement works. Not only does engagement work but it pays. Incredibly well I might I add considering the wide scale presence and growth this brand is seemingly having at the moment. 

    Not only that but the magic just isn't social media engagement but overall community engagement with the lifestyle you're catering too. In GYMSHARKS case it's the overall fitness lifestyle as whole. They're there in the gyms selling clothing and their there supporting the influencers you're watching, listening to, and reading about online or hearing about outside or say at work.


    The thing is though as an outside observer to the brand as you and I are, I haven't bought a single product from them, they face a simple problem. That simply being why? Why buy their higher priced products when I can say go somewhere else and pay less for the same thing with similar quality? Their answer seemingly being you're supporting a brand who supports the lifestyle and content creators you're a part of so why not buy into a brand so prevalent in the community? Do I find that answer sufficient? Personally I do but as a college student I don't have the funds to support them so alas I don't wear GYMSHARK products.

    However though if I cared enough I would reach out to them and ask simply "What value based options would the brand have for people like me?" Not only that but put me in the shoes of say the social media manager I'd try my damn level best to show them what lower price options people like me have to look at in regards to getting into the brand. Even if they aren't glamorous options I'd still offer people like me options and try my best to get them in the door in regards to the brand overall.

    Now I know many brands would shy away from this approach but I feel if anything with the face GYMSHARK has created if I did ask they'd be there to answer. However though honestly I'm also happy to simply keep going to the thrift store to keep buying tank tops, shorts, and shirts for the gym.

So coming away from this I can't state it enough but if you're in a position to be a spokesperson for a brand take a page out of GYMSHARKS book will ya? It's real simple folks. Just interact with people on your platform and support not only your customer base by simply talking to them but by supporting the lifestyle they love. I know at least speaking for myself I've learned that much and hope you have as well.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jurassic World Dominion: Pushing The Dinosaurs Forward

  Pushing The Dino's Forward Aaron Park       I don't know about you but something that stands out from my childhood is an interest in dinosaurs. Books, shows, movies, you name it I loved it and no franchise held my heart more the Jurassic Park. To me when I was younger it wasn't the actors, music, and nor was it the cinematography it was the dinosaurs. The big monstrous beasts that captured my heart and my imagination.          This scene alone not only terrified me but captured me when I was younger. I saw my favorite dinosaur at the time be the engine of destruction it was meant to be on the big screen. Much to the detriment of my parents I would watch this movie on repeat as a kid. Probably not the best movie for a child to consume but I loved it and as a result I have subsequently watched every movie. That includes the new franchise starring a new cast and new stars and that includes the new film Jurassic World Dominion. However in my memory none of the films have st